....to my blog!

My name is Jordan Comeaux and I am 19 years old. I am a child of my Heavenly Father who knit me together in my mother's womb. I trust completely in His wisdom and sovereignty, and by His grace I strive to follow Him daily as He leads me in whatever direction He has for my life. The journey is difficult because I am a weak, sinful human being. But I rest in God's promise that He has forgiven me and will someday take me home to be with Him forever. I hope you enjoy my blog, and thanks for reading.

Sincerely ~
~ Jordan

March 14, 2009

Thank God for Texas!


My family went to the rodeo last week, and boy did I feel like a true Texan. We haven’t been since before we moved to Louisiana, which means I would have been younger than seven years old. I had so much fun watching those cowboys rope the calves and hold on for dear life to bucking broncos and crazy steers. Of course, it was slightly painful to watch when they fell off J. My mom’s favorite thing was the Mutton Busters, which is an event where four to six year olds (the miniature cowboys) ride sheep and hold on as long as they can. I enjoyed watching the teenagers scramble after calves for a chance to win one to raise and show next year. But everyone in our group agreed that by far the most wonderful part of the evening was the prayer. Tears ran down my face as I listened to the announcer speak in the name of the “Lord...Jesus Christ.” I love Texas for its cowboys, horses, and all things country; but what I love the most is the freedom that we have here to worship God. I am so blessed that we live in a state that, though not perfect, has citizens who aren’t afraid to speak the name of the Lord at a huge event like the Rodeo. Thank you, Lord, for Texas!

No comments: