....to my blog!

My name is Jordan Comeaux and I am 19 years old. I am a child of my Heavenly Father who knit me together in my mother's womb. I trust completely in His wisdom and sovereignty, and by His grace I strive to follow Him daily as He leads me in whatever direction He has for my life. The journey is difficult because I am a weak, sinful human being. But I rest in God's promise that He has forgiven me and will someday take me home to be with Him forever. I hope you enjoy my blog, and thanks for reading.

Sincerely ~
~ Jordan

April 5, 2010

A Small Change

As I sit here listening to The Barber of Seville, I am once again reminded that I simply do not listen to enough Classical music *adds yet another point to her to-do list: "Buy more Classical music! - Importance = High"* Ah, the sound of the violins always puts a longing in my heart to pick up an instrument and play until my heart dissolves and my fingers break. Isn't music a funny thing? It has such a profound affect on us all. But to the point. I have made a resolution - one that I have unfortunately made far too many times without doing anything about - but this time, I am determined that things will change! I WILL write more on my blog, or rather, I will POST more on my blog. I have decided not to worry so much about the words, and since taking pictures is something I love doing, I didn't think any of you would mind my turning this into a "scrapbook" blog. So without any further ado, here are a few recent favorites (with captions, of course):


March 13:
Jacob and I had a bit of fun with the camera after a luncheon in Lafayette for my cousin who is soon to be married.

I was priviledged to be able to take some family photos for the Marques'. I had fun and learned a few things as well. What a beautiful family, aren't they?

March 17: Miss Amy-Ellen came back for another visit! (Surprise, surprise ;-)), and we were so blessed when J.R. asked us if we would host her again. Not only do we get to spend time with Amy-Ellen on her visits, but we see a lot of J.R. too =D Before Miss Amy left Houston, a large group from church when on the Pedersen's annual camping trip, this time to Pedernales Falls. I was the only one in my family who could go, so I went with the Marques'. Pedernales is a beautiful place, and I had such a sweet time fellowshipping with everyone out in the sunshine as we chatted and splashed in the cool water.




LR: Emily Johnson, Emily Seamon, Evangeline, Amy-Ellen, Me

The Marques' think of everything; even camping is a gourmet experience.


I brought home a couple souvenirs from my trip, including several cactus thorns, which after a week are finally gone, leaving nothing but small pink spots as reminders that they were there, and a teapot/teacup set (there are 2 cups) that I found at a Flea Market on the way home <3

8 comments:

Elena said...

Great "scrapbook" blog idea! I'm looking forward to seeing future posts!

Lacie V. said...

Hurrah, a post from Jordan! :) I enjoyed looking through your pictures. Thanks for sharing! I like the three photos you combined at the bottom of your blog page.

Looking forward to more pictures ~
Lacie

Emily said...

Glad to see you back in the blog world-love the pics READ: Encore, encore! Hope to see you at the conference. Oh, and you better come visit us in Conroe soon. :)

Megan said...

Great post Jordan! I hope you blog some more! (especially since we're moving, I'll want to know whats going on down here!) :D

Jordan said...

Thanks for your comments, guys! I'm going to work on being more consistent with my posts =)

And Emily, I will see you at the conference probably Saturday! <3

daring2bdifferent said...

Oh, yes please do blog more- we want to be kept up on all the goings-on in Texas! :) And, the more pictures to accompany the sweet words, the better for us to visualize life there!

Anna said...

Glad to see you've updated your blog! Its fun to see people I know on your blog too. (Emily Seamon and Evangeline) Hope you're doing well!

Anna Mc. said...

Love the tea pot!
Love the tea cup!
Love the post!
Love you!!
Anna:)