....to my blog!

My name is Jordan Comeaux and I am 19 years old. I am a child of my Heavenly Father who knit me together in my mother's womb. I trust completely in His wisdom and sovereignty, and by His grace I strive to follow Him daily as He leads me in whatever direction He has for my life. The journey is difficult because I am a weak, sinful human being. But I rest in God's promise that He has forgiven me and will someday take me home to be with Him forever. I hope you enjoy my blog, and thanks for reading.

Sincerely ~
~ Jordan

March 2, 2011

My life in one word...

If anyone were to ask me right now how I was, I would tell them that I'm blessed. More than any of the things that are going on, I think of and remember the blessing of God's hand on my life and on His faithfulness. The Bible is full of the testimonies of men who followed the Lord earnestly. Whether they were rejoicing during plenty or weighed down by the trials of life, they all testified to the goodness of the Lord. These men did not follow God because they were forced to against their will or because they were afraid of Him (although the world should be afraid, and all righteous men fear the Lord); they followed Him becasue they knew that no matter what they were going through, they had been given more than they deserved. What do we deserve? Death. Punishment. Hell. What do we have? Life. And not only life, but life abundant. We have the hope and joy of knowing that we will live forever in perfect communion with the One who saved us. Is that not something to rejoice about and fill us with awe and reverance for the rest of our days?

This is what has been on my heart of late.

And this is what has been happening in my life:

Four months ago my family was blessed to be a part of a church plant. The Lord has been gracious to us as we have gone on this journey, and I have learned so much from the experience. I am blessed every week by the godly men and women we fellowship with, and I am continually refreshed by the teaching and worship we are a part of. The Lord's hand is clearly visible, or as my mom likes to say, "I've seen the wind."


In January we celebrated my dad's big 5-0! We had a wonderful party and I know my dad thoroughly enjoyed the evening which was filled with good food, friends old and new, and many sweet prayers and encouraging stories.

Later that month we got to have the Romer children stay with us, which is always such fun (I have to keep myself from suddently breaking forth into my Brittish accent whenever they're around). We made cookies, snuggled on the couch with books, went for walks, and had an all-around marvelous time!


In February, Miss Anna McFarland and I got together to test out our flower arranging skills (I love Kroger's "sale flowers" section =D).



We also had a Valentine's card-making party.

And, of course, I've been working on aprons:

So there you have it! My life in one word, and just a few too many pictures =D

1 comment:

The Armour Family said...

Hi Jordan!

I sure do miss you. It is SO nice to see so many familiar faces in your pictures. The Romer children sure are growing up! It brought back so many memoriesis to see some of the girls down there (so far away!) in TX.

The flower arrangements are lovely and some of your aprons look more like dresses. You are an incredible seamstress!

Just to let you know, you DO NOT have too many pictures! You should see some of my posts! Actually, I felt kind of sad when I got to the end of yours!

Your card-making party looks like it was very sweet. Who made all of the different cards that you posted pictures of? They're beautiful!

I miss all of my Texas friends so much! Will you tell the other girls "Hello" from me when you see them? THANK YOU!

Have a blessed day!

Love, in Christ,

Hannah

P.S.

Keep posting!